Translate

Saturday, March 29, 2014

HOW I MET MY BEST FRIEND : :THIRD YEAR(CHAPTER 3)


Read previous chapters before this.to read CLICK HERE

One fine day I sat beside her in a small room next to the auditorium stage. that was thoroughly unexpected.
The whole college was quick to welcome the second day of arts.But I wasn't. Last day's programs made me so decrepit. I wanted a long deep sleep.


My second day started with a phone call from my classmate requesting us to give some laptops for the smooth operation of the program committee.I attended his call with an unpleasant face. While answering his call, I was not at all Pleased. I served him in a somewhat negative way. But he forced us to go there.I didn't have any other option than obeying him.He asked me to take my room mate with me.We both started out ready to get to college.We reached there around 8.30.I looked around. Preparations are going well.

My cellphone is calling.I just checked it.The same person again,but this time he desires something more.He called for us to connect with the program Committee.He requires us to help the program committee. We are suppose to it in a small room adjacent to the stage and avail contestants to play their musical compositions while they performing on the stage.That was little more for me actually. I wanted to see all the Programs but this guy asking me to spend my whole day in that small room for some stupid work.I couldn't accept that at any cost. But what to do. The person who asking me the help is the third year coordinator of the arts. so without saying anything back to him, I reached the room adjacent to the stage.

Only a few were there in that room. Two or three. I noticed one chair and a little table located at the far 
recess of the room.i kept my laptop over the table.My friend made a cunning move.He jumped into the single and only chair in the room and smiled at me like a winner. 'Go and find Another chair'  he told me in Thrissur slang.I saw around. not even a single person was there in the room now. I wanted a junior to give these laptops and works. but the room was empty.I felt myself becoming irritated.What ever encountered so far was not at all impressive.I had to wake up from my incomplete sleep and he asked me to sit in this horrible room for the next 6-7 hours!. I desperately wanted to get out from there. My eyes were searching for someone.

'This The table is dusty'.   My friend said himself, looks too much concern about his laptop. I looked at him. He seems happy with the current work.He was looking for something to clean the dusty surface.He asked me to pass  some paper Sheets from the nearby shelf.I took some papers and handed it to him. he arranged those papers above the dusty table and put his laptop above that.He seems gratified himself by making his laptop liberate from dusty surface.The programs haven't started yet. I decided there to wait until more people reach the room. I took one chair and found myself a seat.I began gaming on my mobile.I plumped for my head along the wall and fully focused on the game.

                        " Oh, You took my seat. where should I sit now ". 

One clear voice along with a chuckle made me look straight.In my first sight I witnessed a young woman sticking out right in front of him and demanding about the chair he is currently sitting.Ist didn't require much time for me to realize that girl.The one with whom I wanted to speak with a smile is doing the same thing in front of my friend.I don't remember what I did for the next 30 seconds.They asked him about the purpose of coming,timing etc.
After that, she turned right and gazed in my direction.She Is looking towards my way, I just tilted my head and acted like I am engaged with something else.I wanted to give her a smile. But I didn't have the courage, or my mind forced me to pretend like a tough one.I saw at her roughly. she got near to shelf. I adjusted my chair in order to get her work easier, she was searching for something. I turned back to my work, watching her out of the corner of my eye.It didn't contain even 30 minutes to understand what she is looking for.  

                                     "Have You seen some papers I kept here?" 

She asked him as she turned over in his direction.He threw back a doubt look.But I didn't have any doubt.I answered her question in my head,"Ha.i saw those papers, in fact, I know where they are too".He just raised his laptop in order to Make the papers visible to her.Now her reaction was something unexpected.

                                  " This is the list of Participants for the very first program"

she screamed.He looked at me, I just stood from my seat and readied for a foot race.He leaned closer to me and whispered something.She looked at me. "I didn't.." .I whispered.She read those papers and studied it carefully. she was seeming for any opportunity to use those papers. 

"Ah. . sorry.. actually I was...."          my friend started replying here.     "It's OK. Can you give me a paper?"      She asked by creating an artificial smile on her face.We went over our bag for papers even though we knew the zero possibility of producing a paper from our bag.She ran away and found some papers and continued her work.For the next 10-15 minutes we didn't speak to her.Not a word.Later on one hour, my friend saw the availability of plenty of volunteers in that room.

"Come.. We will go. They will take care of this... We can go".    

He stated as he pointed to some of the juniors.An hour earlier, I wanted to come out of the room. But now something has changed.I struggled to reply.                

  " How can we!. He told us to sit here na..so better not to go, "     

  I said. His reply came immediately.

               "They don't need us.We can watch once we are free from this".          

 We started to argue with each other.finally he decided to expire and I choose the opposite alternative.'Let him go'. I thought. I shifted in his chair which was More closer to her.Nothing took place for the next few minutes. program started. she is announcing. her voice is honest, good in English too. I waited her to come and ask me something. Whenever she works over my direction I pretended as I am loving the ongoing boring program.

The clock is ticking........................................................................................... I don't remember the correct time. The moment she talked to me for the very first time. the moment I got a solution for the past 3 years of my efforts.

 "iyalde  peru entha ?".

She asked me my name in pure crystal clear Malayalam.  "Is Malayalam this much beautiful to hear?". I intended as I lifted my head to her.She is standing right in front of me.This may be the minimum 'shortest 
distance' ever happened between us.   'Bibin Thomas'. I replied.Oh my god.she is smiling at me.It was too good to feel such a situation.Obviously. The person who you wanted to talk for the past 3 years is asking you the name. of course the best of moments.I wanted to ask her something. what to ask......."your name?". I made a safe move. "Maria " she said.And so it was like a slowly accelerating vehicle.'Native place, family, studies, GPA..........'I covered nearly all the topics I could cross in first Meeting.

Lecturing to a unknown young lady is similar to performing a program on the stage.Tensions, worries, everything are only up to the stage.Once you started the first line of your song or the first step of your program, everything bothering you disappears.We hardly spoke for 30 minutes. some times she went, for announcing the names.

I went out a little later and got back within an hour.This time she was sitting on my chair,

"Fud oke adich varuva lle. ?" .

She asked me.I didn't say anything but gave her a smile.

"Do you have water with you?".

She demanded once more.This time I nodded my head with a 'no chance' expression.

 "At least they could provide some water here. Fed up with This announcement and all" she whispered.

I accepted the job of setting out some water for her. I stared around. no way. No other option than buying a 
bottle from the store..I purchased one bottle from the shop and gave her. I never behaved like this before. this is the first time I'm making out something nifty for an unknown person,i thought in my mind.She took it and sipped from it."

"how do you arrange this water ?" she asked me "i bought it from the store".i replied.

"you bought it?why " .She said with an unknown expression.I didn't say anything clearly, said something incomplete.I sat there for 30 more minutes.After that I decided to endure out. I gave my number to her and inquired her to inform me for whatever urgent demand.

After that I left the room. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there in that room anymore during the arts.We didn't see each other for a while.Only during the last times of third year, something just happened that turned to be an important fact in our friendship.







No comments:

Post a Comment